The Politics of Civil Society and Human Rights
Gerald M. Steinberg and Maayan Rockland, “Palestinian Activists at Human Rights Watch” Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies, Bar-Ilan University, Mideast Security and Policy Studies Paper #177, July 2020
Gerald M. Steinberg, Book Review: The Trials of Richard Goldstone, Israel Journal of Foreign Affairs, June 16, 2019
Gerald M. Steinberg. “Review of The German Political Foundations’ Work between Jerusalem, Ramallah and Tel Aviv: A Kaleidoscope of Different Perspectives“. Israel Journal of Foreign Affairs, January 2019
Gerald M. Steinberg. “Europe’s NGO Proxy Wars vs. Israel.” Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, November 2018.
Gerald M. Steinberg and Olga Deutsch. “Civil Society Organizations: Non-Traditional Actors in the Process of Radicalization.”International Institute for Counter-Terrorism, November 2018.
Gerald M. Steinberg.“Counter-terror and Soft Power: NGO Claims to Military and Legal Expertise and Israeli Responses.”
Israel Affairs: Vol 24, No. 4, 2018
*Gerald M. Steinberg.“Foreign-Funded NGOs, Political Power, and Democratic Legitimacy.”Lawfare, June 24, 2018
*Gerald M. Steinberg and Becca Wertman. “Value Clash: Civil Society, Foreign Funding, and National Sovereignty.” Global Governance: A Review of Multilateralism and International Organizations: January-March 2018, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 1-10.
*Gerald M. Steinberg. “Insecurity and Vulnerability in Israeli Political Culture.” Georgetown Journal of International Affairs (2017)
*Gerald M. Steinberg and Richard Landes. “The Human Rights Discourse and Israel: Beyond Victimhood and Underdogs.” The International Journal of Human Rights, (2017) pp. 1-13
*Gerald M. Steinberg. Review of “Lobbying in EU Foreign Policy-making: The case of the Israeli–Palestinian conflict.” Israel Journal of Foreign Affairs, Vol. 11, No. 3 (2017)
*Gerald M. Steinberg. “The Lancet: How an Anti-Israel Propaganda Platform was Turned Around“. The Tower Magazine, Issue 51. (2017)
* Gerald M. Steinberg. “EU Foreign Policy and the Role of NGOs: The Arab-Israeli Conflict as a Case Study“. European Foreign Affairs Review, Volume 21, Issue 2 (2016): pp. 251–268
* Gerald M. Steinberg, Anne Herzberg, Josh Bacon. “Examining the NGO Security Discourse on Urban Warfare.” Israel Yearbook on Human Rights, Volume 46 (2016): pp 103-133
* Gerald M. Steinberg, Anne Herzberg, Josh Bacon. “NGOs and the Political Theater in Operation Protective Edge.” Institute for National Security Studies, Strategic Assessment, Volume 19, No. 1, April 2016.
* Gerald M. Steinberg. “False Witness? EU-Funded NGOs and Policymaking in the Arab-Israeli Conflict.” The Israel Journal of Foreign Affairs. 2.2 (2013): pp 59-73
* Anne Herzberg and Gerald M. Steinberg. “IHL 2.0: Is There a Role for Social Media in Monitoring and Enforcement?” Israel Law Review (Cambridge University Press and the Law Faculty at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem). 45.3 (November 2012): pp 493-536
* Gerald M. Steinberg. “International NGOs, the Arab Upheaval, and Human Rights: Examining NGO Resource Allocation.” Northwestern Journal of International Human Rights. 11.1, Article 5 (Fall 2012): pp 123-149
* Gerald M. Steinberg. “From Durban to the Goldstone Report: the centrality of human rights NGOs in the political dimension of the Arab–Israeli conflict.” Israel Affairs. Spec. Issue of: War by other means: Israel and its detractors 18.3 (July 25, 2012): pp 372-388
* Jordan Berman, Anne Herzberg, and Gerald M. Steinberg. “Best Practices for Human Rights and Humanitarian NGO Fact-Finding.”Martinus Nijhoff Publishers. (2012)
* Gerald M. Steinberg. “The Politics of NGOs, Human Rights and the Arab-Israel Conflict.” Israel Studies. 16.2 (Summer 2011): pp 24-54
* Gerald M. Steinberg. “NGOs, the UN, and the Politics of Human Rights in the Arab-Israeli Conflict.” Israel Journal of Foreign Affairs. V.1 (2011): pp 73-88
* Andre Oboler, Gerald M. Steinberg, & Rephael Stern. “The Framing of Political NGOs in Wikipedia through Criticism Elimination.” Journal of Information Technology & Politics. 7.4 (October 21, 2010): pp 284-299
* Gerald M. Steinberg. (Ed. Leonce Bekemans, Maria Karasinska-Fendler, Marco Mascia, Antonio Papisca, Constantine A. Stephano, and Peter G. Xuere.) “Civil Society, Intercultural Dialogue and Political Activism: Rethinking EMP Policies.” Intercultural Dialogue and Citizenship. (2007): pp 297-311
* Gerald M. Steinberg. “Soft Powers Play Hardball: NGOs Wage War against Israel.” Israel Affairs. 12.4 (2006): pp 748-768
* Gerald M. Steinberg. “Interpretations of Jewish Traditions on Democracy, Land, and Peace.” Journal of Church and State. 43.1 (Winter 2001): pp 93-113